Eyesight is one of the most important senses that we have. It allows us to do our everyday tasks such as reading, writing, driving, and much more. But to do all these tasks properly, you need to maintain clear vision and healthy eyes. However, in these modern times, eye problems are becoming very common. More and more people are experiencing eye issues, which sometimes even lead to blindness or permanent vision loss. To protect yourself from this, you need to access the eyewear center in Brampton, such as going for regular eye check-ups, using eye care products, and more. Now, if you believe that as you age, your eyesight will deteriorate, and you can’t help it, then you need to think it over again.
You need to think how you can protect and maintain your vision and prevent eye diseases that can affect you badly. To help you with this, we are presenting you with 5 proven and easy tips to maintain clear vision and healthy eyes. Try these if you care for your eyes and want to:
- Enhance your quality of life
- Ensure greater comfort
- Improve productivity at school, work, sports, etc
5 Tips To Take Care Of Your Eyes’ Health
The following tips are suggested by our Optometry Specialists in Brampton, who believe that having a good and clear vision is important to live a healthy life. Let’s check them out.
Visit An Optometrist Regularly
You should visit an optometrist regularly to ensure that your prescription is up-to-date and your eyes are healthy. This will also help to early detect any eye disease or problem that might be affecting you. Such visits to optometrists for accessing eyecare services are effective in preventing any consequences later, especially in children and people above 40.
Some of the eye conditions that an optometrist can detect include:
You must also visit an Optometrist in Brampton if you are suffering from:
- Eye pain
- Blurry or disrupted vision
- Any other unusual symptoms in the eyes
Protect Your Eyes From Sunlight
The UV rays of the sun can be harmful to your eyes as they can lead to certain eye diseases and affect your eye health. It can lead to eye conditions like cataracts. Also, just like the UV rays lead to skin burn, they can cause irritation, tearing, and discomfort in your eyes. So, to avoid this, always protect your eyes when you are out in the sun. See how you can do it.
- Stay in shade whenever it is possible for you.
- Wear good quality sunglasses whenever you are out in the sun. You can take the advice of an optometrist and buy prescription sunglasses too.
- Always wear a cap or hat to protect your eyes from UV rays.
Hydrate Your Eyes
If you want to work properly, you need to maintain the moisture of your eyes. However, the eyes can become dry due to several factors such as pollution, excessive heating, smoking, medications, etc. To overcome this, you need to blink your eyes more frequently, and if you have a dry eyes problem, use eye drops.
Eat A Balanced Diet
To have clear vision and healthy eyes, you need to take a proper balanced diet, which includes foods that are rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin A and C. Also, eat green leafy vegetables and fish as they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. However, your eyes nutritional needs might differ, depending on your health, so you can always consult an eye doctor for a proper diet plan to improve your vision.
Take Breaks From Using Screen
If you care for your eyes, don’t sit in front of a computer or mobile phone screen for an extended period of time. It increases your chances of developing eye fatigue, computer vision syndrome, and headaches. To protect your eyes, you should:
- Stop using any digital device one hour before going to bed
- Make sure you work or use screens in a well-lit room
- Wear blue light blocking lenses that protects your eyes from the harmful blue light
- Follow the 20-20-20 rule for your eyes. Take a break every 20 minutes while using a digital device and then move your eyes to anything at a distance of 20 feet for 20 seconds
Our Brampton Optometrists Are Open At Your Service
Optometrists at our store are available to serve you while taking all the necessary precautions to stay protected against COVID-19. Whether you want to buy a new pair of prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses, we are here to provide you with complete safety. Some of the measures that we are taking to stay protected include:
- Use of disinfectants in all areas
- Frequent sanitization of all frames and eyecare products in the clinic
- Ensuring social distancing between the staff and the patients
You can visit our store to check out the latest collections of designer eyeglasses and sunglasses available with us or to access the best eye care facilities.